“You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so…get on your way!”
How about a ride to the top of the world? Why not? A bike ride to Ladakh – the land of many passes.
A journey across three of the five highest motor-able passes, touching two borders, five mountain ranges and possibly three different cultures, Ladakh bike trip is one of the most adventurous experiences you’d have in terms of bike trips to passes and mountains.
With time the beyond beautiful landscape of Ladakh has attracted people around the country or the world to experience the adventurous Leh Ladakh bike trip.
Travelers who set out to a journey, driving all alone through the Leh-Ladakh stretch says it’s a treat! They really pray for such bike trips.
Biking down the way through the adventurous passes, and narrow roads you’ll feel the sweat trickling down your back and a thrill on your mind. Such bike trips are a dream to every biker irrespective of their gender.
Learnings for a solo traveler:
Before setting off for an adventure to remember there is one thing that is always suggested. Always try to initiate your trip from Manali. Because, lets accept it starting your trip from Manali would save your 2 days of journey with the pros of beautiful and thrilling scenery.
Attention bikers, while you’re riding your way to an adrenaline rush keep an eye on the speed for your safety on the zig zags of the passes.
What are you waiting for? Book your tickets, rent your bikes and pack your backpacks, all set to go bikers! Spend the best of your ‘ME’ time as you’d counter those majestic creations of nature and adore its beauty.
How and when to make your plan?
It’s totally understood that if you’re making your plan for the bike trip to Leh and Ladakh for the first time you might face some problems. So, it’s better to look at each and every thing minutely and, keep a plan B ready. Do a thorough research on the topic from some blogs and articles that are easily available.
In our opinion the ideal time to plan your trip would be during the month of June to August. During this time you could enjoy this place better. Your journey will become more worthwhile during this time as an element of surprise awaits you in Leh and Ladakh – the colorful and vibrant Hemis festival takes place every year around this time.
Otherwise, for the handful of travelers who wishes to see the snow and enjoy the chill, make plans during winters. The view during the winter of Chadar Trek becomes so wonderful and glorious.
Places to visit for the Dare-Devils:
1.Pangong Tso: – Pangong Tso has been one of the major tourist attractions. Popularly known as Pangong Lake. This lake stretches about 134kms which is a natural marvel.
2. Zanskar valley:-. The beauty of Zanskar valley is ravishing and is radiant, the Zanskar valley is the perfect combination of soothing blue sky and the beautiful brown valleys. It is surrounded by snow-clad peaks.
3. Gompa monastery or Namgyal Tsemo: – Gompa monastery or Namgyal Tsemo is a symbol of peace in Ladakh which was named after their king Namgyal Tsemo during 1430.
4. Shanti Stupa:- The very famous Shanti Stupa is one of the major attraction for tourists around the world. It is set at an elevation of 4267 meters that offers that panoramic views of Leh. Bikers don’t miss the chance to witness the beautiful sunrise or sunset at this place.
5. Testing your superb biking skills at Khardung La Pass:- testing your biking abilities at Khardung La pass is totally justified! It is about 40kms from Leh and set at a height of 18,379 fee. It’s not quite often that one drives on a road situated at a high altitude. You’ll feel proud sharing memories from your trip back home.
6. The legacy at Royal Leh Palace: – Leh is not only meant for adventure but instead will also serve you with royalty at the Royal Leh Palace. The beauty of this palace will take you to the utopian world. This palace was built by King Sengge Namgyal and it would probably offer you to have a beautiful view of complete Leh town and even of the famous Indus Valley, Zansksar ranges, Stok Kangri.
7. The magnet of Magnetic hills will definitely attract you:- Is this a reality or just an illusion? The famous Magnetic Hill in Ladakh is a major tourist attraction in the valley and the extremely rewarding experience will leave you mind-boggling. It is a must go place.
- Are you a travel addict ? Wait no more! Pack your bags; turn your engine on and getaway to the hills. There’s much even more fun filled experience waiting for you on your path. This will be a once in a lifetime experience.